Professional cleaning keeps Germantown smiles sparkling
Even the most conscientious brusher and flosser needs regular professional teeth cleaning. Why? The hygienist uses special instruments to detect and remove build-up of plaque, tartar, and stains on teeth. These visits also give your dentist the opportunity to detect potential problems early, when they may be treated most efficiently and affordably. The hygiene team at Dental Care of Germantown loves to help patients avoid dental issues, with professional cleaning.
When you think of having your teeth cleaned, scraping with a metal probe probably comes to mind. While this remains a viable method, we offer a modern alternative that is quieter, faster, and painless. Ultrasonic dental cleaning uses safe, high-frequency sound waves to gently vibrate tartar, plaque, and bacteria off teeth and gums. Water flows from the tip of the ultrasonic scaler, ensuring your comfort. Most people are surprised at how fresh their mouths feel after an ultrasonic hygiene treatment.
Patients managing gum disease may benefit from a deep cleaning, called scaling and root planing. In this procedure, deposits are removed from teeth, and periodontal pockets are sanitized. Then root surfaces are smoothed. This procedure encourages gums to re-establish a healthy seal to teeth.
Good reasons for teeth cleaning
- Cavity prevention – Bacteria thrive in the persistent film of plaque. These organisms excrete acidic waste that erodes tooth enamel, leading to tooth decay.
- Healthy gums – Gum disease is a leading cause of tooth loss, and it is the result of bacterial populations on mouth surfaces.
- Bright smile – A dental cleaning removes external stains that leave your smile dingy.
- Fresh breath – A thorough hygiene program helps to eliminate causes of halitosis, for a healthy, odor-free mouth.
- Overall wellness – There is a strong connection between oral health and the wellness of your whole body. Professional cleaning may reduce the risk of diabetes, stroke, heart attack, and other medical conditions.
- Save time and money – Most insurance plans cover dental cleanings and exams. Even if this is an out-of-pocket expense, it is far more economical than extensive future dental work that results from neglect.
Call (901) 472-7474 to schedule your professional cleaning at Dental Care of Germantown.