Invisalign and Clear Correct are available in Germantown
Countless teens and adults in the Germantown area would like to have straighter teeth. Yet the idea of wearing noticeable braces for several years keeps them from pursuing the dream of a more attractive smile. Dr. Don Walley and Dr. Amechi Echetebu offer alternatives to brackets and wires – Invisalign and Clear Correct transparent aligners.
Invisalign and Clear Correct
Invisalign is a series of aligners, created by robust computer software from 3D digital images of your mouth. These transparent plastic trays fit snugly, gradually nudging teeth into proper alignment.
You wear them whenever you are not eating (at least 20 hours a day), advancing to the next set about every two weeks. At brief six-week appointments, the dentist checks progress and adjusts your wearing schedule if needed. While each patient is different, a typical Invisalign treatment plan is completed in about a year.
Clear Correct is a similar orthodontic system. Aligners are fabricated with 3D printing technology. They apply precise pressure, incrementally moving teeth into position.
The benefits of clear aligners
Once our dentists determine that you are a suitable candidate, they discuss which system – Invisalign or Clear Correct – Is appropriate for your case. Then, you start enjoying these advantages:
- Virtual simulation – You get to “test drive” your new smile, seeing on a computer monitor, how it will be transformed during treatment.
- Nearly invisible – With a few simple care steps, aligners stay transparent. Most people won’t realize you are wearing them.
- Removable – While compliance is essential for efficient treatment, the aligners can be taken out. That lets you eat the foods you love, and brush and floss as usual.
- Comfortable – Aligners are made of smooth plastic, with no hardware to irritate mouth tissues. Most people adapt quickly to wearing aligners, speaking and drinking water normally.
- Real time change – Because your teeth are visible through aligners, there is no nervous waiting for “the big reveal.” You get to watch your smile improving.
Most insurance plans cover a portion of treatment cost, and Dental Care of Germantown offers several flexible financing options for Invisalign and Clear Correct. Call (901) 472-7474 to get started.