Dentist in Germantown, TN describes the benefits of tooth-colored fillings
When diagnosed with an area of tooth decay, it is important for Germantown, TN area patients to schedule an appointment with a dentist to undergo a filling. At the practice of Dr. Don Walley, patients are welcome to ask about the benefits of tooth-colored fillings that can be used in enhancing the smile while also repairing areas where cavities exist.
What are the benefits of tooth-colored fillings?
The fillings are made to be more cosmetic while still addressing an area where a cavity is present. Cavities are essentially holes in the teeth that can be deep and painful, and often result in sensitivity when patients eat and enjoy sweet foods and beverages. In the past, many dentists used materials such as silver amalgam for their fillings, which were not only unsightly, but are now considered harmful for the smile because of mercury exposure. There are several benefits to using composite resin:
- Composite resin fillings are the same color as the natural tooth structure, which allows them to blend in with the enamel and become nearly indistinguishable.
- Composite resin fillings are easy to place during a single appointment.
- Composite resin fillings are free from mercury, ensuring they are safe and biocompatible with the smile and body.
- Composite resin fillings do not expand and contract with temperature changes as silver amalgam fillings do, eliminating the risk of bacteria entering the tooth.
- Composite resin fillings are affordable and effective at treating areas of decay.
Who is a candidate for composite resin fillings?
All patients who have a cavity can benefit from using this material to repair the tooth.
Schedule a visit with Dr. Don Walley today!
If you are ready to address areas of decay with tooth-colored fillings, we encourage you to visit our practice in Germantown, TN. Dr. Don Walley of Dental Care of Germantown has committed his practice to provide quality care for patients. He is conveniently located at 7730 Wolf River Boulevard, Ste. #104 and can be reached for an appointment at (901) 472-7474.Back to Cosmetic Dentistry Page