Understanding the benefits of dental implants in Germantown, TN
Patients in the area of Germantown, TN who are interested in learning more about tooth restoration options are welcome to visit the team of Dental Care of Germantown to discuss the benefits of dental implants. Dental implants are one of many restorative solutions available for patients in and around the community.
Understanding dental implants
Dr. Amechi Echetebu describes dental implants as a permanent restoration used to act as a tooth root replacement. This restoration looks like a small screw that is made of titanium metal that is placed during surgery directly in the bone of the jaw. It is then restored by the dentist using a crown, bridge, or denture. This is dependent on the needs of the patient.
What are the benefits of dental implants?
Dental implants are:
- Long-lasting – when patients take great care of their dental implants, they can last a lifetime without replacement.
- A wise investment – dental implants are more expensive than alternatives, but because they last so long, they can be a smart investment in the smile.
- Biocompatible – it is important for dentists to use materials that are biocompatible with the body, including titanium dental implants.
- Natural-looking – dental implants are covered with restorations that are made to look like natural teeth, ensuring a seamless integration into the appearance of the smile.
- Easy to care for – dental implants do not require any additional care or attention than the natural teeth, and can be simple for patients to keep clean.
- Covered – many dental insurance policies provide partial coverage for dental implants, which can make them even more affordable for patients.
Who is a candidate for dental implants?
The best candidate for dental implants is a patient who has sufficient bone structure to hold the implant in place and allow osseointegration to occur.
Learn more about dental implants today with Germantown, TN area dentist
Dr. Amechi Echetebu and his staff are committed to helping patients with their oral health care needs. At Dental Care of Germantown, our staff provides restorations, including dental implants, for permanent repair of the smile. Call the practice at (901) 472-7474 and visit the office conveniently located in Suite 104 at 7730 Wolf River Boulevard.Back to Dental Implants Page